Blockchain DApp and Development Labs
- Application development skills on Ethereum blockchains.
- Deep understanding of blockchains (and development of blockchain extensions).
In particular, through our labs, you will gain in-depth understanding and hands-on experience on the following concepts/keywords:
- Blockchains: Transactions, fees, ledger, payments, smart contracts, Gas
- DeFi: DEX, lending,
- Financial attacks: arbitrage, MEV, frontrunning
Category A: Blockchain basics
- Lab A1. Transaction exploration [link]
- Lab A2. Smart-contract programming [link]
- Lab A3. Blockchain mining [link]
Category B: DeFi
- Lab B1. DEX 1: Swap settlement [link]
- Lab B2. DEX 2: AMM and pricing [link]
- Lab B3. DEX security: Arbitrage [link]
- Lab B4. DEX security: Sandwich [link]
Our labs are easy to set up and easy to use. To use the labs, you don’t need install anything beyond a web browser to access the Internet.
The labs are designed for use in classroom for courses in computer science/engineering/cybersecurity/blockchains. They are also good for self-learning.
If you are computer-science teacher and interested in using our labs in your class, feel free to drop an email at [firstname.lastname@example.org] for solutions and instruction manual.
Use cases and the news
- The labs were used in "CIS/FIN629: Blockchain Foundations and Applications", a cross-listed course for graduate computer science students and finance students at Syracuse University (2018-2022) [course website]. This is a popular course with a yearly enrollment of more than 100 students.
- Student feedback is very positive on our lab design: “interesting choice of problem”, “great programming experience”, “clear lab description”, etc.
- Our labs are featured in blockchain education in ASEE [slides].
- Our labs are featured in the [NSF blockchain-education workshop]: [slides].
- Acronyms used in individual labs: Smart contract (SC), blockchain (BKC), EOA (externally owned account), CA (contract account)